Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mumbai

I just got back from a really fun weekend in Mumbai. I went with Andy, Shachi, Ashika, and Jessica. The first day we did some shopping and Andy and I went to Juhu beach. Yes it is a beach but as you can see form my photos it's rather dirty. While Andy and I were on the beach many street children tried to tap us for money. One kid has a monkey on a chain "want to see monkey dance- Michael Jackson monkey dance." I told this kid that "I don't speak English." That night we went out to dinner with a friend of Ashika (Anand). We went club and bar hopping, as you will see from my pictures. It was crazy how similar the bars and clubs were to American bars and clubs. This one bar we went to made me feel like I was back in College Park.

The next day we did sight seeing. We saw so many cool buildings and I got offered pot about 7 time: "postcards! maps of Mumbai! *whisper* you want marijuana?" My mom would be happy to know that I said "no thank you."

Mumbai was a nice relaxing weekend, but very expensive compared to Kochi. I was ready to come back home to Rajagiri.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Jeremy!!!! Remember me?? Wow, it's been awhile! I was just thinking about you for some reason... I googled your name and found out that you're in India! How fun! I really want to talk to you. Can you call me soon? Please!!

(410) 804-7139

always,

Nan said...

Hi Jeremy, I loved the pictures. It looks like you are having a wonderful time. Sure miss seeing you around here. Take care, Love, Aunt Nan