Thursday, July 24, 2008

Eyes turned against me

So I had food poisoning yesterday. And no it's not fun. It was my first time. I woke up in the middle of the night 4 times and I had to run to the bathroom- which is down one flight of stairs and up another (our main bathroom is being worked on so I have to use a different one). I woke up in the morning exhausted and feeling really weak. I planned on simply laying in bed all day, but of course my Indian friends wouldn't let that happen. They came in my room and saw that I was sick- and ran to get Father Prassant (the hostel warden). After a few minutes of talking with FaPra he went and got Biju, the guy in charge of the international students. Biju took me to a doctor near by the campus and I was given several medications. Long story short I played video games and watched a movie yesterday- and now I feel 95% better.

When I ran into the vice principal, Dr. Mary Joseph, she told me that I was probably sick because as an old Indian proverb says "do something well and others will turn their eyes against you" which will make you sick. She of course was referring to the Cultural program that the Americans presented on Tuesday. She said that I did a wonderful job singing. Wait did I not mention that before? Well, I sang solo the National Anthem in front of some 300 students. It was my first time singing by myself in front of a large group. Andy of course took a video of the "performance" and put it on You Tube. I was really nervous but I think I did the National Anthem justice. Without further ado Jeremy's rendition of the US National Anthem:

5 comments:

Nan said...

Jeremy, That was great!! You may have missed your calling. Love, Aunt Nan

Elli said...

you did wonderfully. next stop O's game!

Anonymous said...

hehehe very nice! Never thought I'd see you make it all the way to youtube singing! ;-)

Anonymous said...

That was terrific!!!! I am so proud of you.
Miss you dear boy.
love you other mother,
Helen

Dana said...

OMG.
first of all, it was so good to hear your voice and it made me miss you.
second of all, i love when you sing.
=o)